Sean S. Kwak
- Commercial Litigation (Civil) 50%
- Employment and Labor Law 45%
- Contract review and drafting 5%
Seokchan (Sean) Kwak, Esq. graduated from SUNY Buffalo Law School with Cum Laude and is a recipient of a CALI award in Trademark Law. While in law school, he was an associate in Buffalo Intellectual Property Law Journal. In 2017, Sean was admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey and was qualified for admission in all 31 other states participating in the Uniform Bar Exam. Sean is currently admitted in the State of New York and New Jersey, as well as in the federal District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern District of New York and the District of New Jersey. Sean is also a licensed patent attorney, holding a license to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
At KLP, Sean specializes in the prosecution and defense in complex commercial litigations involving breach of contract, partnership dispute, defective construction, and trademark and trade dress infringement. Sean has experience in cases involving commercial construction, commercial real estate transaction disputes, and specific industries for export and import, beauty supply, apparels, POS and merchant services, and more.
Sean also specializes in the prosecution and defense of labor law claims: claims for unpaid minimum wage, overtime wage, and unlawful discrimination, with experience in both civil actions and administrative agency investigations or hearings. For employers, Sean provides counseling not only in defending claims asserted, but also in preventing potential claims and establishing regulation-compliant wage practices.
Fluent in English and Korean, Sean is able to provide service to Korean clients without language barrier and is able to represent clients in matters involving a heavy load of documents in Korean without obstacle.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- SUNY University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Chemistry
- EBIN New York, Inc.
- GFA, Inc.
- Sharon Springs, Inc.
- Pantos Logistics
- Up to $300,000 settlement in Employment law claims
- Up to $1.2 million settlement in Partnership Dispute
- Lawyers Rising Star List in 2023
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum