Respected. Dedicated. Honest.

We Help Workers Recover Unpaid Wages

If your boss decided to shortchange your payments or refuse to pay you at all, do not assume that you have to accept the loss. There are often ways to hold employers accountable for failing to pay fair wages. However, you will need to take the steps to do so.

Our team of lawyers at Kim, Lim & Partners, stands up for workers who face unfair treatment – including when it comes to payment. No matter how influential the employer may be, they are not above the law. You earned your wages. Now, let us use our skills to ensure that you recover them.

Employees Have Wage Protection And Labor Rights

At Kim, Lim & Partners, our employment law attorneys have experience in unpaid wage claims, such as:

  • Unpaid overtime or underpaid overtime
  • Minimum wage violations
  • Improper deductions, such as withheld pay for necessary job-related tools or a lack of employer funds
  • Wage reduction without proper notice

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) gives employees legal protection and options to recover unpaid wages. This law establishes employees’ rights regarding work hours, overtime pay and more. Many workers in New Jersey and New York have specific rights under FLSA.

However, FLSA does not apply to all types of employees. We can examine your situation to determine whether you classify as exempt from FLSA. In some cases, employers might misclassify nonexempt employees.

Do Not Hesitate To Assert Your Rights

Seeking unpaid wages from an employer can be intimidating. However, we will find the best possible options while protecting you against retaliation.

Our compassionate lawyers can help you file a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor to initiate a neutral investigation. We can also represent you in a lawsuit, seeking back pay, interest, legal fees and additional penalties as appropriate.

We Are On Your Side

Kim, Lim & Partners, will advocate for you regardless of your income bracket, immigration status or industry. Call 201-740-2953 or send an email to schedule a case review. We can help you understand whether your employer likely owes you unpaid wages – and how to hold them accountable.